Brief History of the Department of Geography
The department of geography come into existence with the establishment of this college in 1955. Right from the beginning the department was lucky to have eminent geographers like Dr. Magsiudan Singh, Dr. Qambar Rizvi, Dr. S.C. Sharma, Dr. R.C. Srivastava, Dr. M.D. Shukla, Dr. S.C. Khargwal, Dr. D.N. Tripathi, Dr. Amar Singh, Dr. R.B. Chaturvedi, Dr. O.P. Mishra, Dr. G.S. Pathak of the college. Dr. O.P. Mishra letter on become principal of the college. The department has guided more than 40 Ph.D. scholars. It also has received grant from U.G.C. in the from of major & minor research project numbering more than 10. The department has successfully organized two national seminars.
The department started post-graduation courses from year 1972 with emphasis on physical, Human & regional geography. Presently the department is function under the able guidance of Dr. R.N.Singh. He is being assisted by permanent faculty member Dr. S.N. Singh, Dr. Rekha Vishwakarma. Sri Azahruddin& guest faculties, Dr. Sistpal Singh, Sri Dharamveer Singh & Smt. Pratichi Singh.
Thrust Area –The main Thrust Area of the Department is the Physical Geography, Agricultural Geography, Urban Geography, Regional Development & Planning, Environmental Geography.
The Department has a fully equipped Cartography Lab & Computer Lab.