Brief History of Physics Department
Physics Department was established in 1955, under graduate level. At that time only two posts of lecturer were sanctioned. In 1972, P.G. Course was started and 08 posts were sanctioned from government. At that time only two colleges having P.G. Courses were affiliated to Gorakhpur University (M.L.K.(P.G.) College, Balrampur and T.D. college, Jaunpur ).
Since 1975, our college was affiliated to Dr. R.M.L.Awadh University, Faizabad, Now days our college is affiliated to Siddhartha University, Kapilvastu Siddrathnagar (from 2015).
Late Professor Jitendra Singh was founder H.O.D. of department since 1955 to 1989.
Dr. K. D. P. Shukla (1990-2003)
Dr. M .M. Shukla (2003-2005)
Dr. B.P. Pandey (2005-2009)
From 2009 to onwards Dr. A. K. Dwivedi.
Some of our faculty member is engaged in research work. Dr. J.P.Pandey completed a minor research project&4 research scholars were awarded ph.D. degree under his supervision.
The Department has been well facilitated as we are trying to research activities to do more.
- We motivate and council our students to acquire higher academic qualification. As a result a large no. of our student having qualified NET, JRF&I.I.T, GATE.
- Placement of our P.G. Student is very satisfactory and a no of passs out from this deptt. Are having good employment position.
- J.P. Pandey has completed his ph.D. Degree under F.I.P. scheme.
- Usman Gani has got Ist position in University in M.Sc. and has been awarded chancellor’s Gold Medal in 2017 Exam.
- Our former faculty members are at placed :-
- U.P. Singh Retired Principal T.D.College
- Late Prof. Kalyan Singh & Head Deptt of Physics,
Dr. R.M.L. Avadh University, Faizabad.
- O.P. Singh Retired Principal Paliwal
Degree college ,Sikohabad
- Sri Pradeep Gupta S P Kaushambi
- A K. Dwivedi is present of SUACTA & Convener of Board of Studies.
- P. K. Singh- Subject Expert BOS, R.M.L. University, Faizabad
Associate – Prof.
- A.K. Dwivedi (H.O.D.)
- Alok Shukla
- Amrendra Kumar Singh
- Nivedita Singh
- Priya Srivastava
- Mohd Usman Gani
- HirdeshBhadur Singh
- Amrendra Kumar (Lab Assistant)
- Suresh Kumar (Lab Assistant)
- Arjun singh (peon)
- santosh Kumar Yadav (Peon)
- Shameem Bano (Peon)
- Photonic Crystal
- Negative Index Material
- Meta Materials
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Darlington Amplifier
- Photo Luminescence Materials
- Molecular Orbital Theory
- We are building a new well equipped lab & Library, reading room for P.G. students & Research students.
- We have to increase no, of experiments per strengths of the class.
- No of computers are to be enhanced.
- According to the changes in syllabus more text books and reference books are to be purchased.
- We will register more students for ph.D and apply for research projects, subscribe more research journals.
- Faculty Profile– adequacy and competency of faculty- regular faculty is inadequate due to their non-selection by the state government but that is substantiated by guest faculty (Reg.05and guest04. The faculty is competent.
- Student profile- entry level competencies- average, socioeconomic status- satisfactory language proficiency- medium.
- Change mode in the courses or programmes during the past two years the contribution of the faculty to those changes-our faculty Dr. A. K. Dwivedi is the convener and Dr P.K.Singh, Dr. J.P.Pandey, Dr. A. K. Singh& Dr. Alok Shukla is the membe of Board of studies of the subject. BOS can change the syllabus of courses.
- Trends in the success and dropout rates of students during the past two years success rate is 83 percent and drop out rate in negligible.
- Sri Akhilesh kumarverma JRF 2008.
- Sri Sharad Chandra tripathi, NET 2009.
- AmitaMishra , GATE 2010.
- Abhishek Kumar Srivastava, GATE2009.
- Narwadeshwar Shukla, GATE 2008.
- Sri Mukesh Mishra , JRF 2009
- Sri Dhirendra Kumar Mishra, GATE 2009.
- Sri Adam Abdullah, GATE 2009 IIT.
- Sri Ram krishan Singh NETJRF 2018
- -Sri Vishal Singh NETJRF 2018
- Sri Rupesh Tiwari NET LS 2017.
- Sri ChandeshwarMiahra GATE 2014
- Learning resources of the department Library, ICT, smart class, computer laboratories and other resources-All the above noted and other relevant resources are available.
- Modern teaching methods practiced and use of ICT in teaching- learning –yes, the process has been initiated and the students are learning the technique.
- Participation of teachers in academic and personal counseling of students-yes
- Details of faculty development programs and teachers who have been benefited during the past two years.
Dr. A.K. Dwivedi : Two National &International Seminar [ Attended- 2 National, 1 International ]
Dr. P.K.Singh : Two National Seminar
Dr. J.P. Pandey : 06 International , 09 National
Dr. A.K. Singh, Dr. A Shukla and A.K. Mishra Orientation course Refresher course and seminar attended.
- Participation/ contribution- Dr. A.K. Dwivedi, Dr. P.K.Singh and Dr. J.P. Pandey .
- Collaboration with other department /institution, at the state, National and International levels, and their outcome during the past two years- Nil
- Priority areas for research and details of the ongoing projects, important and noteworthy publications of the faculty, during past two years- Electronics, Photonic Crystals and Molecular and Publication-12
- Placement record of the past students and the contribution of the department to aid student placement-
Sri Vikas Singh : Scientist “B” DRDO, Delhi.
Sri S.C. Tripathi : Scientist, Liquid crystal Lab, Gandhinagar
Sri. Azizur Rahman : Assembly Process Engineer II Shanghai ,CHINA
Dr. Kanchan Adhekari : Scientist Nepal
Dr. B.M. Dixit : Associate Prof. STI Lucknow
Dr. B.C. Yadav : Associate Prof. Lucknow University, Lucknow
Dr. P.K.Gupta : Ad. S.P. (PAC) jhansi
Dr. R.R. Shukla : D E Phones Gorakhpur
Dr T.K.Srivastava : Asst. Prof. u.p. College Varansi
Dr. Abdul Mobin : Scientist
Dr. J.P. Singh: R.M. Police radio Dept.
Dr. Anawarul Hasan : Scientist CERN, GENEVA
- Plan of action of the for the next fice years-to speed the research work and to strengthen the lab, library and research facilities.