BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SEED TECHNOLOGY
National policy of Education (revised plan of action 1992) the UGC introduced vocationalisation of education at the first degree level from 1994-1995 the objective of vocationalisation of education scheme at the first degree level was to ensure that the students develop knowledge , skill and attitude for gainful employment with major emphases to be given to the possibility to self-employment.
Seed Technology was also sanctioned replacing one of the subjects in the conventional system i-e. B.Sc Biology group.
The University Grant Commissions’ plan document emphasized generalist education need to be made carrier oriented so the rather than clamoring for administrative government jobs the technology based generalist would find more opening at skill demanding employability.
In view of the above the Department of seed Technology was established in 1996. Presently department is running as Self-Finance Department. The Department has been entrusted with responsibility of undertaking teaching in B.Sc. Part I/II/III students.
- Sri B. K. Pandey (on leave)
- Rajan Pratap Singh
- Dr. Pankaj Kumar Gupta
- Sri Mithlesh Kumar Maurya
The thrust area of department:
Seed science the Technology is a multi-disciplinary science in which the principals of various agricultural discipline like,
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Physiology
- Food technology and
- Agro-industry management are blended to synthesis a new concept
- Many students in the department all placed in different software companies like TCS, HCL.
- Many students of the department are studying in different NIT,s and central universities, state universities.
- Faculty members are awarded in different academic events.